About The Webinar:
Examine a wide variety of cargo incidents, claim trends across different types of cargo, insurance considerations and & claims handling procedures with our expert faculty, Jeffry Blum.
Special attention will be paid to the impacts of recent developments surrounding Covid-19 on cargo (loss, damage, delay, surcharges), as well as how to best interpret your insurance clauses
- Impacts of Covid-19 on cargo transports & claims
- Cargo accumulation and insurance contract limit
- Demurrage and delay clauses
- Deviation/unsafe ports
- Vulnerable goods, perishable items with short shelf life
- Force majeure and exemptions
- Interruption to transit/deliveries
- Claims procedure, documentations and claims checklist
- Claims handling and legal issues associated with cargo loss & damage
Expert Guest Speakers
Jeffrey Blum has over 45 years’ experience in shipping and trading. He provides maritime and commodities commercial claims consultancy to oil majors, commodity traders, shipowners, P&I Clubs, shipbrokers, law firms, banks, governments and international shipping organisations. He founded his own successful shipping college in London in 2002 and since 2007 has been a Visiting Professor at both the UN IMO’s World Maritime University and Shanghai Maritime University.
Senior Claims Executive
- Trained and practiced at law firms, specializing in Shipping litigation
- Assisting on a full range of P&I, FD&D and sanctions-related queries
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.