Jeffrey Blum (FICS, FCIArb)
Founder, Interlink International Trading (UK) Ltd (IIT)
Founder & Principal Lecturer, Maritime Education & Training Ltd (METL)
The fourth generation of a shipping family, Jeffrey has nearly 50 years’ experience in shipping. He is a member of the Baltic Exchange since 1976 and has worked with a Lloyd’s underwriter, a Lloyd’s broker and as a shipbroker, shipowner, ship operator, gasoil futures broker, charterer and commodities trader in London and abroad.
- Provides maritime commercial claims consultancy and global bespoke corporate training through IIT since 1994 to oil majors, commodity traders, shipowners, shipbrokers, P&I Clubs, law firms, international shipping organisations and governments.
- Principal Lecturer at own college METL since 2002, training international students in London and elsewhere.
- Achieved Fellowship of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers by examination in 1979 and since 1983 has served on the London & South East Branch Committee, including as its Education Officer and Chairman, as well as on several international committees for many years.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 1997, he has been an arbitrator (both sole and tribunal) since 1994 under LMAA and SCMA and ICSAS terms, an expert witness since 1983 and serves on the governing Council of BEWA (Baltic Exchange Expert Witness Association).
- Lecturer since 1984 on several subjects of Maritime Studies and Law at universities and colleges in London, throughout the UK and abroad. A Visiting Professor at the World Maritime University in Malmo and the Shanghai Maritime University (since 2007), Jeffrey is a frequent guest presenter at bespoke, academic and public training conferences and masterclass workshops worldwide.