An end to end masterclass of all Bunkering operations, this seminar offers practical guidelines and case studies to reinforce best practices in delivery & compliance assurance. Participants will be taken through operational, technical and legal touchpoints in bunker operations, with particular emphasis on latest regulations as well as the environment emerging post Covid-19.
Key discussions will include fuel standards & regulations, composition & specifications; delivering & receiving; debunkering operations; common problems leading to quantity & quality disputes and handling practices.
Key Learning Outcomes & Case Studies Include
- Marine Fuels: Production, Standards, Specifications and Blending
- Bunker supply chain parties, their roles and responsibilities.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and Compliance
- Bunker Operations Safety During & Post Covid-19
- Marine fuel delivery operations, standards & regulations
- Quality & Quantity assurance during bunker operations
- Managing difficult fuels on-board ship
- Debunkering Operations
- Legal, bunker contractual issues, Risks and
- Disputes resolutions
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial for supervisors, managers, senior managers across functions in marketing, trading, economic planning, labs supervision who need better technical understanding of bunker fuel blending – including Fuel oil traders, Bunker operators, Bunker oil trader, Planning engineers.
Marine Fuels and Lubricants Consultant
Prior to his 10 years as an independent consultant, Keith spent more than 40 years with Shell across various positions ranging Fleet Engineer (Shel Tanker UK) to Technical Advisor and Global Product Manager. His responsibilities included:
- Global Technical Manager & Product Manager at Shell Marine Products (since 1997): Developed and managed Fuel Quality and all R&D Activities including Fuel Oil Quality Assurance System. All fuels and lubricants support to customers, internal & external bodies as well as on HSE & emissions regulations
- Technical Advisor at Shell International Trading (since 1981): Development & launch of lubricants analyses service (RLA). Management of fuel quantity & quality complaints.
Keith has also consulted global bunker suppliers, shipowners, classification including DnV Petroleum Services (now Veritas Petroleum Services), Alfa Laval Tumba, Vroon Offshore Services, Aberdeen Ltd., Oldendorff Carriers, Norddeutsche Reederei, H. Schuldt GmbH & Co. KG, Arq UK Ltd. He is also:
- Active member of CIMAC Heavy Fuels working group and ISO working group (WG6) that developed ISO8217:2010 (MEPCs 57/58/59/60 and BLG/12.)
- Advisor on marine fuel to the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency delegation during the development of the revised MARPOL Annex VI – 2009 edition.
- Member of the 3rd MRDAP sponsored by Singapore’s MPA (2007 – 2009)
- Chairman of International Bunker Conference 2015
Live Online Learning
Stay Home. Skill Up!
The current Covid-19 pandemic has put strains on various areas of business, especially when it comes to deriving commercial value from new initiatives. During this phase of self-isolation and working from home, we can help you meet your professional development needs and you can still take your professional development plans to the next level.
To support your learning goals we have converted our face-to-face trainings to LIVE Online Sessions. This way you can continue to attend live and interactive training sessions within the virtual classroom space where you can see and speak, with your Subject Matter Expert and other participants.
Benefits of Live Online Learning
Aimed at offering you immediate, high-quality practical information whilst minimising time and expenditure associated with travelling, our digital training platform enables you to interact in real time with course directors and remotely network with your fellow participants.
- Classroom Experience: Progress with fellow participants as you would in an on-site class
- Guaranteed cost-effectiveness: Travel budget saving, plus 20% price advantage for online participation
- Controlled environment with speakers managing the Q&A and discussions and tools for enhanced interactions
- Module-based approach to effectively manage your time and revisions
- Earn your Digital Certification and broadcast your achievements to your peers
- Onboarding: Available for all attendees
- Proven and secure training platform
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Attend and participate in the 2 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert
- Who’s who
BUNKER MARKET SUPPLY/DEMAND REVIEW
- Levels and trends at the end of 2019
- Trends post January 2020
- Global sulphur cap
- US/China relationship
SUPPLY CHAIN PARTIES, THEIR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MARINE FUEL COMPOSITION
- The reality and the myths
MARINE FUEL STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- ISO 8217
- MARPOL Annex VI
- On specification vs fit for purpose
MARINE FUEL SULPHUR CONTENT REGULATIONS
- MARPOL Annex VI
- Country/regional Laws
MARINE FUEL SUPPLY CHAIN PROCESSES AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Operations manual
- Blending component control.
- Supply line sampling for Quality Assurance testing.
- Batch release parameters.
- Delivery barge management
MARINE FUEL DELIVERY OPERATIONS
- Delivery standards:
- MARPOL Annex VI guidelines
- Actions by the receiving vessel
- Bunkering plan
- Quantity measurement
- Samples and sampling
- End of delivery quantity agreement/disagreement
MARINE FUEL QUALITY/QUANTITY/SERVICE COMPLAINTS
- Types of complaint
- Serious –engine problems
- Serious –commercial/compliance
- Not serious
- Managing difficult fuels on-board
- Handling disputes from the supplier and users sides
- Dispute resolution
- Party to party negotiation
- Lawyers, arbitration, court proceedings
MARINE FUELS HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES
- Hydrocarbon fuels and chemicals
- Impacts of off specification fuels on crew health and safety
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.