As we move towards zero-carbon, new applications for hydrogen promise to transform the way we live, work, and do business. Emerging technologies will revolutionise the way we think about energy, heating, transport and energy storage; creating a new economic infrastructure and supply chain where huge opportunities await.
The race is on for early entrants to global hydrogen market – don’t be left behind.
Key Learning Outcomes & Case Studies Include
- Practical knowledge of the new hydrogen economy and its likely trajectory
- Hydrogen’s role in the route to net zero
- How hydrogen can support the wind industry
- How ammonia will play a key role in the hydrogen economy
- Addressing hydrogen risks
- How hydrogen will integrate with the future gas grid
- Supply chain requirements what supplies, equipment and services will be needed, where and when
- The importance for the supply chain of the ‘megaproject’ and what they tell us about the hydrogen economic opportunity
- Key markers in the commercial development of hydrogen
- Gain awareness of the route to market
- How to prepare for effective engagement
- Local and global opportunities one near you?
- Tactics to overcoming hurdles to market entry.
- The requirement for a hydrogen strategy and model for your business
About the Course
The hydrogen economy is expected to grow exponentially across the global in the coming years. For example, the UK recently set a target to produce five gigawatts of hydrogen by 2030, representing a 40-fold increase from the current situation. This ambition is replicated across the globe where hydrogen strategies are appearing on a weekly basis. The journey to a hydrogen economy will be challenging and innovation will be required however, early engagement with those commissioning projects will enable early movers to reap the maximum from the opportunity presented.
The course aims to provide a practical guide to enable companies to make informed decisions and plans based on the real opportunities that are emerging as the global hydrogen economy develops. Delegates will be guided as to where early opportunities are most likely to lie, who is involved and how to get in front of them.
Who Will Benefit
- Existing energy companies particularly those who are already part of the oil and gas supply chain and those looking to future proof their capabilities
- Particularly relevant to engineering companies, those involved in storage compression equipment and shipping
- Those companies seeking to enter the energy arena with its myriad opportunities in a market valued by the Bank of America at 11 trillion dollars
Hydrogen and offshore wind business advisor and trainer.
The course is led by Charley Rattan, international hydrogen expert and respected energy insider and facilitator bringing over 25 years’ real-world renewable experience and a track record of successful major project delivery. Charley is a trusted strategic advisor to global energy companies and an advocate and facilitator for the emerging innovation energy market.
Charley’s is respected as a leading authority in hydrogen and renewables providing consultancy and training at high level across the globe including for key stakeholders, governments, consenting authorities and world organisations such a the United Nations
THE HYDROGEN ECONOMY
- What is it?
- Types of hydrogen
- Hydrogen potential
- Hydrogen and the route to net zero
RENEWABLES AND HYDROGEN
- Wind to hydrogen
- Distribution of hydrogen
- Ammonia and hydrogen
- Shipping and hydrogen
• Making hydrogen safe for the gas grid
• Repurposing the gas grid
• Towards 100% hydrogen gas grid – Hydeploy programme
• Commercial considerations
- The rise of the circular economy
- Supply chains – what supplies, equipment and services will be needed, where and when?
- Gas grid requirements
- How will the hydrogen economy be implemented?
- Route to market
- Clustering principles
- 20% hydrogen versus 100% hydrogen
- Procurement strategies
- Aligning your company to purchaser requirements
- Who to talk to, how to do business?
- Overcoming the hurdles to market entry.
- Regional opportunities APAC dimensions, Australia, Japan, Singapore, India, Germany, Europe, the UK, USA
- Hydrogen strategies for your business
- National and global opportunities
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.