Key Learning Objectives
- Identify and communicate the key roles and responsibilities needed through the clinical research project life-cycle
- Examine the core competencies needed to successfully select your clinical research project team
- Bring your projects in on time, within budget and to specification using a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify the project critical path and use it to make informed decisions
- Remedy key patient recruitment challenges
- Work more effectively both individually and as part of a team
About the Course
Setting up and running clinical trials is a complex, timely and costly process. It is essential to manage your clinical projects with streamline efficiency to ensure they are completed within set timeframes and to budget. With this in mind, clinical professionals are increasingly looking for ways to improve the results of their clinical projects by implementing project management techniques.
Over 8 modules, this course will examine key management techniques such as analysing stakeholders, assessing risk/benefits and management style.
Who Will Benefit
All clinical research professionals with limited time for personal development will benefit from the flexible learning approach, including:
- Clinical Research Associates
- Clinical Project Managers
- Assistant Project Managers
- Clinical Trial Manager
- Clinical Affairs Manager
- Study Coordinator
- Clinical Trial Officer
- Clinical Study Coordinator
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Clinical trials monitor
Over 4 Weeks Students Will Learn Through
- 8 modules, split up into multiple bitesize recorded videos
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Revisit the content with unlimited access to all the materials for 2 months
- Access the discussion forum to interact with other students
- Direct contact with the trainer through the forum during the 4 weeks the course is running
- Additional content such as materials and white papers available to download
60 second interview with Ian Stokes on exploring the challenging aspects of managing clinical trials
- What are some of the current trends in the clinical research industry and how the industry changing in the future?
- Why is it important to effectively manage clinical research?
- What are the most challenging aspects of managing a clinical trial?
- What are the top three tips to effectively manage clinical research?
“The course structure and format were amazing! Fantastic work Ian!”
Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Benefits of Learning Online
Informa Corporate Learning’s online courses are new digital, interactive and engaging educational experience designed to maximise learning for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets.
Our online courses are perfect opportunity for busy professionals as they require just 2 hours per week of your time and include an interactive forum for you to ask direct questions about challenges you are facing to expert course leaders.
Modules are released on a weekly basis, so you can pace yourself alongside your peers and you will have access to a comprehensive set of assets to support your learning such as video content, quizzes and case studies.
Each module contains approximately 1 hour of content
Review the Nature of a Project and Project Management in Clinical Research
- Project management principles
- Clinical project management challenges
- Portfolio and programme management,
- Drug development timeline
- Project life cycle
- Clinical project management roles and responsibilities
Defining a Mission for the Project and Performing an Analysis of Stakeholders, Risks and Benefits
- Clinical project management documentation:
- Project charter
- Project plan
- Trial master plan
- Clinical protocol
- Standard operating procedures
- Stakeholder engagement
- Project outcomes
- Benefits and risks
- Business cases
Structure and Organise a Clinical Research Project and/or a Clinical Study
- Project needs
- Objectives and requirements
- Work breakdown structure
- Responsibility matrix
Planning an Estimation of Time and Cost (Schedule and Budget)
- Art (participative method) and science (techniques) of estimating effort and durations
- Planning work packages and activities from the Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining dependencies, milestones and deadlines
- Calculating the critical path
- Probabilistic analysis and critical chain
Setting Up a Project Baseline
- Risk management
- Decision making
- Setting up the project baseline (scope, time, cost)
- Managing the project baseline
Managing Suppliers (Contract Resource and Site Management Organisations)
- Appropriate contracting arrangements between clients and suppliers
- Trust-based approaches for setting up a good working relationship
- Patient recruitments challenges,, remedies and good practices
Skills and Methods to Improve and Speed Up Your Projects
- Project communication
- Conflict management
- Time management
Closing Out the Project, Learning from Failures and Building from Successes
- Project progress
- Project results management
- Project close-Out
- Learning and improvement processes
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.