Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the structure of major projects
- Create an HSE mindset with suppliers
- Review the various types of contract, their advantages and disadvantages
- Learn how to identify and manage risk
- Gain practical insights into management of suppliers and subcontractors
- Understand global issues and stakeholder management
- Discover practical solutions to delivery issues
- Examine case studies and lessons learnt
About the Course
This course provides practical insights and strategies for successful management of engineering and procurement contracts.
Jeanette brings solid, unique experience from both the principal/operator side and the FEED specialist/consulting side. These insights are rarely offered in such an educational format.
Participants will delve deeper into the structure of major projects, how to create and HSE mindset with suppliers and understand the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of contract. The course will address risk identification and management and provide practical strategies for managing risk. Participants will learn how to manage suppliers in a global context and how to pro-actively address delivery issues.
The course will culminate in a board presentation based on a realistic project scenario aimed at assisting the learning process. This will be critiqued by Jeanette.
This is also an elective in our Contract Management Professional Certification (CMP) program.
Who Will Benefit
Experienced project practitioners including project managers, contract managements and supply chain specialists in the oil, gas, power and renewables sectors.
How In-house Training works?
Interested in exploring how our In-house Training works?
Cost-effectiveness aside, one of the biggest benefits to our clients of in-house training is the opportunity to customise and tailor the content, delivery method and exercises of a training course to their exact needs. In order to achieve this, we follow a collaborative approach to bring the client & the trainer together to explore needs, shape content and define outcomes.
This video will give you an insight into the process and how bespoke courses are achieved. For more information please contact Holly on +61 (02) 9080 4454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our expert course trainer Sean McCarthy delivered an insightful webinar on “Using & understanding contracts as tools for ensuring deliverables”.
- Overcoming some of the common challenges associated with managing contracts
- How contracts act as tools for achieving set outcomes across deliverables or projects
- The importance of contract interpretation and building confidence in dealing with contracts
REVIEWING THE STRUCTURE OF MAJOR PROJECTS
- Project scope
- Contracting strategy
- Global supply chains
- HSE focus in contract management
- Creating an HSE mindset with suppliers
TYPES OF CONTRACT
- Pros and cons
- Case study
RISK AND REWARD
- Risk identification
- Risk management and mitigation
- The human side of risk management
- Group work – risk management
- Management of subcontractors
- Creating productive relationships
- Management of sub-suppliers
- Global supply chains
- Vendor evaluation
- Management of suppliers
- Histograms and S-curves
- Progress reporting
- Progress meetings
- ROLE PLAY: Progress meeting
- Cultural awareness
- Commercial considerations
- ACTIVITY: Communication and mis-communication
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Influencers and gatekeepers
- Engagement strategies
- How to identify issues
- Pro-active management
- Development and implementation of recovery plans
MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE
- Real and perceived changes
- Change management systems
- Claims and counter claims
- ROLE PLAY: Negotiation of change orders
- Management of supplier
- GROUP WORK: Plan and deliver a board presentation that will be critiqued by the instructor
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.