The Investment Promotion Bureau of Zhoushan is aggressively developing the Zhejiang Free Trade Zone (FTZ). Linked to this is the development of marine logistics at the Ningbo-Zhoushan port which handled 21.6 million TEU of cargo, making it the fifth largest port in the world.
As such, Port of Zhoushan has undertaken a conscious effort to develop policy and attract investment into its marine fuel industry, and related infrastructure, thereby leading to new collaboration opportunities. After a stellar success in 2019, the 2nd Annual Marine Fuels 360 Conference in China will spell out the detail and enable new business partnerships in this fast emerging marine fuel market.
2020 discussion themes
- China’s Maritime Silk Road Initiative – economic drivers, implications and opportunities for the global market
- Developments on the Free Trade Zone, key timeframes and expected shipping volumes
- Port of Zhoushan’s vision for bunkering – regulations, infrastructure investment, and commercial opportunities
- Government initiatives, incentives and partnership opportunities and business models for international and local company collaboration
- Post IMO 2020 – experiences to date and how is the China market coping
- Current and projected market trends of fuel demand and availability in China
- Marine fuel market shares in the medium to long term
- Shipowners’ procurement strategy and operational aspects of managing fuel quality
- New technology trends in the global bunkering industry
- Next gen bunkering facilities design trends
- Mass Flow Meters – the holy grail?
- Enforcement, quality disputes and claims update from local industry
- Alternative cleaner fuel solutions and their operational and environmental impact
- Shipowners’ perspective on their longer-term Sulphur and GHG compliance plans
- LNG Bunkering – a debate for and against with current adopters and non-adopters
- Projected change of bunker fuel trading, new contract type, disputes and penalties regime
What past participants said
“Able to have face to face conversation with various parties in the bunker industry. Got information on IMO2020 and Zhoushan port development”
– S Y Koo, Regional Bunker Sales Manager, Trafigura Pte Ltd
“It is a good chance for shipowner to meet with suppliers and let audience to know about owner’s concern”
– Richard Wang, General Manager, Universal Ship Management Company
Marine Fuels 360 Networking Dinner
1 July 2020 | 6pm | Zhoushan
The Marine Fuels 360 Committee welcomes all in the shipping industry to join us along with fellow industry leaders at this terrific opportunity to network over dinner and drinks with both local and international attendees alike.
- Separate registration is required and not limited to conference participants only
- Dinner will only proceed when we have reached 100 participants
- Payment is only required when the dinner is confirmed
- Participants list for the dinner will be made available online once the registration reaches 100 participants
Post – Conference Business Activities
3 July 2020 | 9.30am – 4pm | Zhoushan
Join us during the post conference day to attend a series of business activities including exclusive business development meetings for local and international business, and bunkering facilities site tour at the Port of Zhoushan. A day packed-full of programme to build strategic partnership, explore new business opportunities and to connect to other business leaders in the shipping industry.
Partnership and Profile Building Opportunities are Now Available!
Contact us today to find out how you can position your company as a market leader at this event, and to explore the range of branding and marketing opportunities available.
+65 6508 2874