Port Operations, Congestion Management, Cargo Handling and more
About The Course
The emergence of Covid-19 has deepened impacts on port capacity & overall marine logistics, prompting operators to place heightened emphasis in responding to port congestion, cargo imbalance and biosecurity measures.
Throughout this seminar, attendees will revise the current state of global supply chain as well as the disruption on port operators & shipping around the world. You will examine possible claims associated with movement of goods & vessels; best practices in managing personnel & equipment in the short run, as well as the long terms impacts to shipping market and best practices in capacity & congestion management, cargo logistics, port pricing & payment terms, among others.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Key impacts of Covid-19 on port operators and shipping in different regions
- Port congestion determinants and impacts on maritime logistics
- Mitigate & manage quayside cargo congestion
- Cargo handling during and after pandemic
- Port equipment & asset availability & maintenance
- Cargo & vessel claims and how to mitigate
- Port pricing, port dues & payment terms
- Ensuring continuity of equipment & labour
- Changes to operational models and how to reduce impacts of Covid-19
Independent Consultant – Port Operations, Riacom Ltd
Iain has over 30 years’ experience in logistics management, mostly within port operations. He has led various terminals’ operations & cargo supply chain, and delivered multimillion projects for large operators. His experiences include:
- Terminal Manager (Abu Dhabi ports) – Responsible for overall operations & profitability of the largest General Cargo port in Abu Dhabi. Handled Dry bulk, liquid bulks, steel, project cargoes & ro-ro. Also involved with Cruise operations and 7 satellite ports. Doubled turnover over 24-month period.
- Head of Operations Development (Peel Ports Group): Led a major project to develop an operational model for new container terminal at Liverpool (Liverpool 2).
- Head of Cargo Operations (Peel Ports Group): Responsible for operational control, cost management, P&L, business development, HSE management and project control of all areas within main cargo operations.
- Container Terminal Manager (Thamesport and Liverpool) Managed container operations at Liverpool container terminal and Thamesport – the world’s first semi-automated container terminal.
- Divisional Operations Manager (Hutchison Port Holdings): Responsible for all logistics & warehousing activities at UK’s largest container port & over 30 warehouse facilities.
Live Online Learning
Stay Home. Skill Up!
The current Covid-19 pandemic has put strains on various areas of business, especially when it comes to deriving commercial value from new initiatives. During this phase of self-isolation and working from home, we can help you meet your professional development needs and you can still take your professional development plans to the next level.
To support your learning goals we have converted our face-to-face trainings to LIVE Online Sessions. This way you can continue to attend live and interactive training sessions within the virtual classroom space where you can see and speak, with your Subject Matter Expert and other participants.
Benefits of Live Online Learning
Aimed at offering you immediate, high-quality practical information whilst minimising time and expenditure associated with travelling, our digital training platform enables you to interact in real time with course directors and remotely network with your fellow participants.
- Classroom Experience: Progress with fellow participants as you would in an on-site class
- Guaranteed cost-effectiveness: Travel budget saving, plus 20% price advantage for online participation
- Controlled environment with speakers managing the Q&A and discussions and tools for enhanced interactions
- Module-based approach to effectively manage your time and revisions
- Earn your Digital Certification and broadcast your achievements to your peers
- Onboarding: Available for all attendees
- Proven and secure training platform
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Attend and participate in the 2 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert
THE CURRENT SITUATION
- Review of what has happened and the impacts on world’s economies and global ports
- Review of 2020 Coronavirus pandemic and the issues on supply chain
- What happened and how countries have been dealing with the issues
- Look at the major economies and how they are dealing with the pandemic
- Reaction to the current situation by shipping companies and their customers
- Space issues on and off ports
- Understanding of the new “now”
- Assess impact in different regions and how they are dealing with the issue
DEALING WITH THE “NOW”
- Take a deep dive into what is required in the short term to ensure that customers’ requirements are met
- Understanding the market as it will be in the next 6 months
- Changes to operations needed and how to reduce their impact
- Managing in a climate of uncertainty, particularly changes to journey planning
- Awareness of claims that may be made and how to avoid them
- Additional reefer requirements that may be needed for (e.g. vaccines)
- Ensuring personnel operating on quayside are able to operate effectively whilst adhering to country requirements (e.g. social distancing)
- Handling of cargo from infected countries
- The effect of Government restrictions on travel, movements of goods.
- Equipment availability, maintenance schedules, spare part availability
- Personnel availability, particularly skilled employees.
- Training of personnel
- Dealing with potential Safety issues; more cargo in port, unavailable trained employees and non-maintained equipment
- Congestion at quayside and managing the shipping programme
- Key issues with port dues
LEGAL & CONTRACTUAL MATTERS
- Capacity and congestion management
- Cargo clearance timelines
- Cargo claims
- Safety and distancing implications
- Port Pricing and payment terms
- New service agreements with carriers and service providers
THE FUTURE POSITION
- What are the likely long-term impacts and how to manage the new “now”
- Review the changes that have taken place in the market due to the pandemic
- Who are the customers now, has this changed, will the way we work be changed?
- How will the customers change their methods of operation in the future?
- Will air freight win business and how to remain competitive?
- Is on-shoring going to affect the way we work?
- Could the market be changed permanently?
- What impact could this have on capital investments?
- Considerations on vessel traffic management
- Will there be higher insurance tariffs?
- How will we work in the future?
- Increased automation will reduce human contact with cargo but is it cost effective?
- How to ensure continuity of supply of equipment and labour?
- What is the likely cost to your business?
- Managing senior management / stake holders’ expectations
- How do you develop a route map to take account of all of the above?
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.