About The Course
Disruptions in global supply chain caused by Covid-19 have presented paramount implications on management of vessel, crew and cargo operations; and such influence is here to stay. Global port states are regularly updating safety instructions for interface between ship & shore-based personnel as well as how to handle surveys, inspections and audits. Vessel managers meanwhile face various uncertainty, ranging from crew change, cargo loss mitigation, diversion expenses among others
Offering you best practices in vessel operations during Covid-19 pandemic and beyond, this masterclass examines practical case scenarios and risk mitigation best practices, including ship-shore safety checklist, remote marine survey operations, loss prevention inspection and marine insurance considerations.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Vessel operations: Contingency planning and preventive measures during & post Covid-19 Pandemic
- Port calls, inspections and safe interface between ship & shore-based personnel
- Guidance on extension of statutory ship & seafarer certificates; surveys, inspections and audits
- Remote marine survey during and post Covid-19
- Latest flag & port state instructions on key global transit hubs
- Crew wellbeing, crew change protocols
- Dry docking & repair operations during Covid-19
- Cargo Management: Loss prevention measures for storage & transportation and claims trends
- Insurance loss prevention inspection
- What to do when a vessel or crew member is quarantined?
- Loss of hire insurance: policies & applicability
- Technology and digitalisation touch points in preparing for a post COVID future
- Renegotiating and Pricing Ship Management Agreements for new services
- Outsourcing outlook for ship management
Capt Roberto Zanca
Zanca Consulting Fze
Roberto is an accomplished Chief Executive Officer and Maritime Expert with 33 years’ experience across offshore and senior land-based roles. Having sailed for over 21 years and achieved the rank of Master at 29, he had served aboard Tankers, Bulk-Carriers, OBO’s and Container ships.
Roberto had also gained extensive leadership in the commercial, operational & technical management throughout his subsequent shore-based career.
- CEO, Emirate Ship investment Company LLC
- Global Operations Manager, Marwave Ship Management B.V; Seaarland Management, Motia Compagnia Di Navigazione
- Head of Operations and Commercial Manager (Aframax Tankers, Panamax Oil Product Carriers, Handymax Products carriers and Panamax Minicapes Bulk Carriers)
- Master, Oil Tankers and Bulk Carrier of DWT between 48,000MT and 125,000MT
Live Online Learning
Stay Home. Skill Up!
The current Covid-19 pandemic has put strains on various areas of business, especially when it comes to deriving commercial value from new initiatives. During this phase of self-isolation and working from home, we can help you meet your professional development needs and you can still take your professional development plans to the next level.
To support your learning goals we have converted our face-to-face trainings to LIVE Online Sessions. This way you can continue to attend live and interactive training sessions within the virtual classroom space where you can see and speak, with your Subject Matter Expert and other participants.
Benefits of Live Online Learning
Aimed at offering you immediate, high-quality practical information whilst minimising time and expenditure associated with travelling, our digital training platform enables you to interact in real time with course directors and remotely network with your fellow participants.
- Classroom Experience: Progress with fellow participants as you would in an on-site class
- Guaranteed cost-effectiveness: Travel budget saving, plus 20% price advantage for online participation
- Controlled environment with speakers managing the Q&A and discussions and tools for enhanced interactions
- Module-based approach to effectively manage your time and revisions
- Earn your Digital Certification and broadcast your achievements to your peers
- Onboarding: Available for all attendees
- Proven and secure training platform
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Attend and participate in the 2 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.