Live online training course to equip you with the fundamental knowledge and tools to manage broad range of projects of various sizes and complexities.
About the Course
Project Management is fast becoming a necessary competency in all organizations and professions. Today’s Project Manager has become the lynchpin for commercial success.
This course equips you with the fundamental knowledge and tools to manage a broad range of projects of various sizes and complexities. It provides a practical approach to projects across multiple sectors and industries. These skills will benefit you into the future, enabling you to think creatively, build and sustain capable teams, mitigate risks and deliver successful outcomes. Completion of this course will be credited towards 2 modules of the Australasian PME™ Industry Certification for Project Managers run by Honeylight Enterprises Pty Ltd.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand how project management differs from other practices
- Evaluate benefits and application of Project management
- Learn how to best manage the Lifecycle of Project Management
- Learn how to build your business case for a project
- Acquire stakeholder management skills
- Expand your capabilities to design and initiate new projects
- Acquire planning skills for your current or future projects
- Learn practical tools to manage change and mitigate risk
- Gain change management skills within a project
- Equip yourself with tools and techniques to lead successful teams
- Keeping your project on time, within budget and within the quality framework
- The importance of project evaluation and future learnings
- Case study application
Who Will Benefit
- Project Teams & Stakeholders
- Senior Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Officers
- Contract & Procurement Managers
- Risk, Legal & Governance Managers
- Legal Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Change Managers
- Big Data Managers
- Engineering Project Managers
Beverley Honig BA. LLB. MBA
Chief Executive Officer, Honeylight Enterprises Pty Ltd
Beverley Honig is an internationally qualified lawyer with over 20 years’ experience in Australia, the United Kingdom and Middle East. A winner of The Australian Financial Review and Westpac 100 Women of Influence Awards, she is also listed in the Who’s Who of Business in Australia and the Businesswomen Hall of Fame.
With her pre-eminent expertise in projects and contracts, she is the published author of several bestselling books, including textbook “Project Management: A Managerial Process (McGraw Hill, 15th edition), and “Making Contracts Work” (2010). Besides serving as a judge for the Essential Services Commission Appeals, Beverley is also a Board Director and Chairman of several public and private companies. Her wealth of experience has won her accolades from clients as well as tenders to design frameworks and training in this field. As a seasoned strategist and corporate trainer, Beverley has designed and delivered to more than 200,000 training participants globally, across Europe, the UK, Asia and the US on topics such as Effective Commercial Contract Management and Transformation in times of uncertainty. She is also a well-known business advisor to corporations and governments globally in fields such as international business sourcing, contract management, project management and negotiation, having advised the top 500 companies globally.
Beverly is the CEO of Honeylight Enterprises P/L, a leading business consultancy specialising in Business Improvement, professional development programs and corporate advisory. In 2017, Honeylight was awarded winner of Westpac Banks top 200 Businesses of Tomorrow. She sits on a number of Public boards and also runs a few innovative start- ups. She is also a senior University lecturer in Entrepreneurship Law. Also, across multiple years, Honeylight was also awarded the prestigious International Trade Awards, bestowed by the Prime Minister, in recognition of its outstanding contribution in the forging of international trade links.
Benefits Of Learning Online
Informa Corporate Learning’s online courses are new digital, interactive and engaging educational experience designed to maximise learning for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets.
Our online courses are perfect opportunity for busy professionals as they require just 2 hours per week of your time and include an interactive forum for you to ask direct questions about challenges you are facing to expert course leaders.
Modules are released on a weekly basis, so you can pace yourself alongside your peers and you will have access to a comprehensive set of assets to support your learning such as video content, quizzes and case studies.
Session 1: Stages and Frameworks
- Project Management Lifecycle stages
- Project Management frameworks and definitions, types of projects
- Accountabilities and governance, roles and responsibilities, power and influence
Session 2: Project Initiation
- 3 pillars of Project management
- Building your business case
- Project identification and proposal
Session 3: Project Planning (1)
- Project Prioritisation
- Client and stakeholder needs identification
- Building effective project teams
Session 4: Project Planning (2)
- Balancing project strategies and tactics
- Managing across organisational borders
- Setting measurable outcomes and outputs
Session 5: Project execution (1)
- Stakeholder management, reporting and documentation
- Managing project risks
- Managing change and variations
Session 6: Project execution (2)
- Performance measurement
- Maintaining client focus, budgets and costs
- Managing timelines, milestones and schedules
Session 7: Project closure and evaluation
- Knowing when to pull the plug
- Project closure
- Evaluating value capture and benefits realisation
Session 8: Review and evaluate
- Post Implementation Reviews
- Action planning for your next project
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.