As we move towards zero-carbon, deep electrification combined with new applications for hydrogen promise to transform the way we live, work, and do business. Ammonia sometimes referred to as the ‘other hydrogen’ can be at the very forefront of this transformation. Making it in a sustainable, green manner can help revolutionise the way we think about energy, heating, transport and energy storage; creating new infrastructure and matching supply chains where huge opportunities await.
The race is on for early entrants to the global ammonia market – don’t be left behind.
Key Learning Outcomes
- The importance of renewable ammonia
- Ammonia’s role as a net zero driver
- Will it be Green or blue hydrogen – or both?
- The Current and future ammonia supply chain
- Zero-carbon bunker fuel opportunities
- Ammonia’s potential Long-term storage of renewable energy
- Plants and schemes under development/in the planning process
- How to do business with Ammonia interests?
- The Operations and maintenance, employment opportunities around Ammonia
- Engaging with the ammonia, hydrogen and renewable industries
- The importance of EU directive (including the Green Deal, 2×40 GW)
- National nuances and their relevance for attendees
- The importance of stakeholder NGO’s and local community engagement
- Investor requirements and expectations
About the Course
Ammonia is an integral and crucial part of the emerging hydrogen economy, an industry that is expected to grow exponentially across the globe in the coming years. For example, the UK recently set a target to produce five gigawatts of hydrogen by 2030, representing a 40-fold increase from the current situation. This ambition is replicated worldwide where national hydrogen strategies, often explicitly citing the need for ammonia, are appearing on a weekly basis. The journey to a new, low emission energy system with a much greater role for hydrogen will be challenging and require much innovation. Early engagement with those developing low or zero-emissions ammonia projects will enable fast movers to reap the maximum from the opportunity presented.
The course aims to provide a practical guide to enable companies to make informed decisions and plans based on the real opportunities that are emerging as the global hydrogen and ammonia economy develops. Delegates will be guided as to where early opportunities are most likely to lie, who is involved and how to get in front of them.
Who Will Benefit
- Existing energy companies particularly those who are already part of the oil and gas supply chain and those looking to future-proof their capabilities
- The agricultural sector which is already familiar with ammonia as a fertiliser and well-placed to drive the industry forward
- Particularly relevant to engineering companies, those involved in storage compression equipment and shipping
- Those companies seeking to enter the ammonia and energy arena with its myriad opportunities in a market valued, in one scenario, by the Bank of America at 11 trillion dollars
Ammonia, Hydrogen and offshore wind business advisor and trainer.
The course is led by Charley Rattan, international hydrogen expert and respected energy insider and facilitator bringing over 25 years’ real-world renewable experience and a track record of successful major project delivery. Charley is a trusted strategic advisor to global energy companies and an advocate and facilitator for the emerging innovation energy market.
Charley’s is respected as a leading authority in hydrogen and renewables providing consultancy and training at high level across the globe including for key stakeholders, governments, consenting authorities and world organisations such a the United Nations.
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Catering to meet all your learning needs:
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- From Face To Face, Online and Blended Learning, get a superior solution for your learning needs
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and fi nd out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on email@example.com to find out more.
Our modern way of life depends on energy, but with the pressures of population growth, increased GDP and climate change, the way we gain and use our energy is changing.
In this webinar, Charley Rattan, international energy advisor, discusses how the energy transition is likely to evolve, the growing global importance of Offshore Wind and associated integration of Hydrogen, together with examples of pioneering APAC and Australian projects.
- CO2 emissions
- Ammonia and Netzero target setting
- Importance of renewable ammonia
- Ammonia production technology, production facilities
- Electrolysis of water
- Methane pyrolysis
- Green or blue hydrogen, advantages and disadvantages
- Current ammonia supply chain end-to-end
- Ammonia applications
POTENTIAL ROLE(S) OF AMMONIA IN DECARBONISING THE ENERGY SYSTEM
- Ammonia as a carrier to transport hydrogen
- Zero-carbon marine (bunker) fuel
- Long term storage of renewable energy
GREEN AMMONIA PROJECTS
- Demonstration plants
- Plants and schemes under development/planning process
- New applications – research projects/project pipeline /future outlook
- Operations and maintenance, employment opportunities
GREEN AMMONIA PROJECTS – SUPPLY CHAIN CONSIDERATIONS
- Ammonia production for “traditional” applications
- The extended hydrogen supply chain e.g., offshore, offshore floating wind, mega scale solar, electrolysers
- Route to market – national and global opportunities for ammonia and hydrogen
- Who to talk to?
- How to do business?
- Engaging with the ammonia, hydrogen and renewables industries
POLICY AND REGULATORY PERSPECTIVES
- United Nations perspective
- EU directive
- National nuances
KEY STAKEHOLDER PERSPECTIVES
- International ammonia producers
- State owned ammonia producers: SAFCO, QAFCO, ASEAN Bintulu, Indonesia, China.
- NGO’s and local community engagement
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.