Key Learning Objectives
- Effectively evaluate energy provider options and proposals
- Favourably negotiate contract terms
- Integrate competitive energy procurement into an efficient energy management program
- Optimise your energy procurement and negotiation process
- Mitigate financial risks and energy price exposure
- Manage the energy market’s volatility to secure best prices
- Simplify the RFP process to attract competitive and timely bids
About the Course
Build your understanding of how to more effectively negotiate energy prices and contracts for your company. Learn how the experts secure favourable outcomes for high energy users.
Discover up to date information about the potential impact of changes to energy prices and your contractual obligations with the potential repeal of the price on carbon, operation of the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) and the introduction of the Direct Action Scheme. In this one day course, you will discover items critical to successful energy procurement and the contracting process for both electricity and natural gas.
Who Will Benefit
This course is particularly suitable for:
- Procurement professionals
- Energy Contract Managers
- Sustainability/Environmental Managers
- Energy Tender Managers
- Financial Controllers and Accountants
Other people who might also benefit are:
- Operations/Facilities Managers
- Legal personnel
- Project Managers
- Compliance/Controls Managers
How In-house Training works?
Interested in exploring how our In-house Training works?
Cost-effectiveness aside, one of the biggest benefits to our clients of in-house training is the opportunity to customise and tailor the content, delivery method and exercises of a training course to their exact needs. In order to achieve this, we follow a collaborative approach to bring the client & the trainer together to explore needs, shape content and define outcomes.
This video will give you an insight into the process and how bespoke courses are achieved. For more information please contact Holly on +61 (02) 9080 4454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our expert course trainer Sean McCarthy delivered an insightful webinar on “Using & understanding contracts as tools for ensuring deliverables”.
- Overcoming some of the common challenges associated with managing contracts
- How contracts act as tools for achieving set outcomes across deliverables or projects
- The importance of contract interpretation and building confidence in dealing with contracts
Overview of the energy industry
- Electricity generation, transmission, distribution and Retail
- Gas production, transmission, distribution and Retail
- Introduction to the energy markets
- Market participants
- Factors driving demand and supply
Principles of energy purchasing
- Traditional ways of seeking lower rates
- Procurement process
- Information gathering
- Creating the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Evaluating bids
- Site list compilation
- Data collection
- Load profile forecasting
- Load profile presentation
- Accommodating portfolio changes
- Establishing internal levels of authority
- Commercial and contractual needs
Energy suppliers, contracts and prices
- Contracts and pricing options
- Carbon impacts on pricing
- Exposure to pool price
- Understanding certificate prices
- Understanding load flex
- Use of standby generation/Curtailment
- Independent metering agreements
Negotiating and managing energy supply contracts
- Impact of market fundamentals during negotiations
- What is negotiable and what is not
- Negotiating carbon clauses
- Negotiating certificate prices
- Negotiating invoices and EDIs
- Account Management vs a 1800 #
- Dynamic contract and account management
Managing energy is managing carbon
- Managing portfolio risks
- Visibility into your energy load
- Managing your energy contract
- Energy management KPIs
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.