Key Learning Objectives
- Examine the fundamentals coal geology, petrology, core analysis, gas content and behaviours
- Understand the basic components of a CSG project and data requirements to evaluate CSG projects
- Understand gas volumetrics and calculate in place gas volumes
- Assess the economic impact of a successful data collection program
Learn the requirements for a successful CSG pilot project and the potential impact on reserves of a successful pilot
- Comprehend the differences between resources and reserves and the requirements to move resources to reserves
- Identify the requirements and obligations for reporting reserves
- Discover a basic overview of project economics, cost of production, price of gas and margins
Who will benefit
- Petroleum engineers and geologists who wish to understand the differences between conventional and CSG projects
- Potential investors in CSG projects
- CSG managers who wish to understand the reserve process, reserve bookings and risk in CSG
- Anyone wishing to establish a basic understanding of CSG
About the Course
This course is designed to assist individuals throughout the financial, coal and petroleum industries understand CSG. The course will cover the entire CSG project spectrum, intended to provide an introduction to those who are new to the CSG industry yet show relevant case histories for those currently working on ongoing CSG projects.
It will also provide detailed information to experienced CSG managers who are trying to optimise reserve bookings. The CSG industry, due to the nature of coal, is much more variable than the conventional oil and gas industry. The course will illustrate the similarities and differences and how to manage the risk for CSG projects.
“Every practical, straightforward explanation of theory and reality”
General Manager Engineering, Clough
1-Day Intensive Course Outline cont.
- Overview of the CSG production process
- Comparison to conventional production
- What are the similarities to conventional petroleum?
- Are there economies of scale?
- Exploration fundamentals
- Defining and acquiring exploration permits
- Evaluation of data and appraisals
- Resource maximisation vs data acquisition and $ spent
- Making the important distinction between resources and reserves
- Communicating resource/reserve differences
- Determination of reserves
- Reporting reserve calculations
CSG pilot project optimisation
- Undertaking reserve optimisation
- The importance of proper planning and a systematic approach
CSG definitions and regulations
- Quality and composition standards and definitions
- Examining certification body differences
- Examining CSG contracts structures and methodologies
- Optimisation of CSG resources and reserves
- Basic overview of project economics, cost of production, price of gas and margins
- Connecting to power grids and associated infrastructure needed
- What next? Where are the emerging cost efficiencies to make
Is CSG an even more reliable supply source ?
Wrap up and discussion
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.