Key Learning Outcomes & Case Studies Include
- To understand practical risks associated with the use of Hydrogen
- To understand the scale of risk depending on the application and quantity of Hydrogen
- To understand previous major accidents involving hydrogen and lessons learned
- To understand the risk control, mitigation and elimination strategies and techniques for the production and use of hydrogen
- Understand the practical approaches to Risk Management
About the Course
The hydrogen economy is expected to grow exponentially across the globe in the coming years. For example, the UK recently set a target to produce five gigawatts of hydrogen by 2030, representing a 40-fold increase from the current situation. This ambition is replicated across the globe where hydrogen strategies are appearing on a weekly basis. The journey to a hydrogen economy will be challenging and the very top priority will be that it is implemented and delivered safely. This course details how global leaders can do just that. Developers require their people and supply chain to possess the necessary skills and competencies to deliver hydrogen projects safely, on time and with the highest quality standards.
The course aims to enable companies to make informed health and safety related decisions and plans based on the real opportunities that are emerging as the global hydrogen economy develops. Delegates will be guided as to where early opportunities are most likely to lie, who is involved and how to engage on their top priority with them.
Who Will Benefit
- Existing energy companies particularly those who are already part of the oil and gas supply chain and those looking to future proof their capabilities
- Particularly relevant to engineering companies, those involved in storage compression equipment and shipping
- Those companies seeking to enter the energy arena with its myriad opportunities in a market valued by the Bank of America at 11 trillion dollars.
Ammonia, Hydrogen and offshore wind business advisor and trainer.
The course is led by Charley Rattan, international hydrogen expert and respected energy insider and facilitator bringing over 25 years’ real-world renewable experience and a track record of successful major project delivery. Charley is a trusted strategic advisor to global energy companies and an advocate and facilitator for the emerging innovation energy market.
Charley’s is respected as a leading authority in hydrogen and renewables providing consultancy and training at high level across the globe including for key stakeholders, governments, consenting authorities and world organisations such a the United Nations.
20 years experience in international emergency response, skills and safety training. Led the development of international digital standards and associated training products. Led and managed international accreditation and competency services.
Over 15 years experience delivering skills and training solutions to the global energy industry. Delivered competency frameworks and nationalisation projects for governments, IOCs and NOCs. Led and managed the delivery of the UKCS apprenticeship program on behalf of operators.
15 years experience in global Project & Business Delivery. Project Lead for Strategic Staffing Plans, Statistical Labour Market Analysis & Resourcing Delivery for Major Capital Projects up to £50bn, inc. gap analysis and training, nationalisation planning.
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Catering to meet all your learning needs:
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- From Face To Face, Online and Blended Learning, get a superior solution for your learning needs
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and fi nd out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
HYDROGEN OVERVIEW AND INTRODUCTION
- Hydrogen Rollouts and National Plans
- Common Uses of Hydrogen Now and into the Future
- The Production of Hydrogen for Industrial Uses
- Hydrogen Storage and Associated Costs
- Hydrogen Transportation Methods
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF HYDROGEN
- Propane and H2 Flame Comparison
- Fukushima Nuclear Disaster
LEGISLATION AND HYDROGEN
- Typical Legislation Hierarchies
- The Role of the Regulator
MAJOR ACCIDENT CLASSIFICATION
TYPICAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Safety Report
- Emergency Response: Internal and External
- Major Accident Prevention Policy
- Safety Management System
EMERGENCY RESPONSE CONSIDERATIONS
GENERAL SAFETY HIERARCHY OF CONTROL
- Hydrogen Specific Controls
DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES AND EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERE REGULATIONS
- Gas and Dangerous Substance Risk Controls
- Gas and Dangerous Substance Mitigation
- Swiss Cheese Model
- HSE Publications
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS
- Muskingum River Power Plant
- Uno X Hydrogen Refueling Station
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.