Live online training course to course to equip you with the advanced application to practically manage projects, uncertainty and practice using proven tools and techniques.
About the Course
Project Management is fast becoming a necessary competency in all organisations and professions. With some experience in project management, this course equips you with advanced application to practically manage projects, uncertainty and practice using proven tools and techniques such as AGILE to become a leading project manager who captures value and realises benefits, becoming a valuable asset to any organisation. Completion of this course will be credited towards 2 modules of the Australasian PME™ Industry Certification for Project Managers run by Honeylight Enterprises Pty Ltd.
Key Learning Objectives
- Practice aligning project selection with your organisational strategies
- Providing value and impact in project management
- Project business planning – practice getting your project approved
- Ensuring value through digital supply chains and procurement practices
- How contract management and project management integrate
- Agile project management – equip yourself with tools and techniques
- Gain an applied understanding of the values, principles and phases that underline the Agile method
- Learn how collaborative techniques can be used to improve project outcomes.
- Communication tools for project management
- Project leadership and project sponsorship
- Interpersonal skills, discipline and standards in Project Management
- Team roles, virtual teams, responsibilities, tools & techniques to facilitate your project
- Capture true value and trust for your project and future projects
Who Will Benefit
- Senior Managers
- Project Managers & Officers
- Agile Project Teams
- Project Sponsors
- Contract & Procurement Managers
- Risk, Legal & Governance Managers
- Legal Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Big Data Managers
Beverley Honig BA. LLB. MBA
Chief Executive Officer, Honeylight Enterprises Pty Ltd
Beverley Honig is an internationally qualified lawyer with over 20 years’ experience in Australia, the United Kingdom and Middle East. A winner of The Australian Financial Review and Westpac 100 Women of Influence Awards, she is also listed in the Who’s Who of Business in Australia and the Businesswomen Hall of Fame.
With her pre-eminent expertise in projects and contracts, she is the published author of several bestselling books, including textbook “Project Management: A Managerial Process (McGraw Hill, 15th edition), and “Making Contracts Work” (2010). Besides serving as a judge for the Essential Services Commission Appeals, Beverley is also a Board Director and Chairman of several public and private companies. Her wealth of experience has won her accolades from clients as well as tenders to design frameworks and training in this field. As a seasoned strategist and corporate trainer, Beverley has designed and delivered to more than 200,000 training participants globally, across Europe, the UK, Asia and the US on topics such as Effective Commercial Contract Management and Transformation in times of uncertainty. She is also a well-known business advisor to corporations and governments globally in fields such as international business sourcing, contract management, project management and negotiation, having advised the top 500 companies globally.
Beverly is the CEO of Honeylight Enterprises P/L, a leading business consultancy specialising in Business Improvement, professional development programs and corporate advisory. In 2017, Honeylight was awarded winner of Westpac Banks top 200 Businesses of Tomorrow. She sits on a number of Public boards and also runs a few innovative start- ups. She is also a senior University lecturer in Entrepreneurship Law. Also, across multiple years, Honeylight was also awarded the prestigious International Trade Awards, bestowed by the Prime Minister, in recognition of its outstanding contribution in the forging of international trade links.
Benefits Of Learning Online
Informa Corporate Learning’s online courses are new digital, interactive and engaging educational experience designed to maximise learning for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets.
Our online courses are perfect opportunity for busy professionals as they require just 2 hours per week of your time and include an interactive forum for you to ask direct questions about challenges you are facing to expert course leaders.
Modules are released on a weekly basis, so you can pace yourself alongside your peers and you will have access to a comprehensive set of assets to support your learning such as video content, quizzes and case studies.
Session 1: Project Strategy
- Making projects work
- Organisational strategy and project selection
- Project business planning – project plans
- Project management, the supply chain and outsourcing
- Portfolio Management & Project Sponsorship
- Leadership in Project Management
Session 2: Systems and structures
- Project governance and risk management
- Legal contracts and project management, outsourcing project work
- Project status reporting
- Project responsibilities and accountabilities
- Project Management technologies/ systems, digital supply chains
- Project Management and Procurement
Session 3: Project Management Relationships and influence
- Project Management, Project Change and culture
- Projects and Stakeholder Management -value and impacts
- Projects and Contract Management
- Projects and Relationship Management and value leakage
- Project communication and virtual teams
Session 4: Agile Project management
- The agile model – What Projects benefit from Agile
- The Agile lifecycle and iterations
- Energizing and empowering self-organizing teams and roles in agile projects
- The ‘Pulse’ of an agile project
- Agile tools – big visible charts, things on walls, velocity, burn-up and burn-down
Session 5: Stages of agile projects
- Concept Phase – Stakeholder Management, Steering, guiding, facilitation
- Initiate Phase – Removing Obstacles, Monitoring Progress
- Deliver Phase – Story writing, prioritisation, estimation and release planning,
- Deploy Phase – Evaluation, learning points, rinse and repeat
Session 6: Capturing Value in Project Management
- Benefits realization and capture
- Forecasting and lead indicators
- Evaluation and earned value systems
- Building trust and ethics into project management
- Learning outcomes for future projects
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.