Dr. Jasper Boessenkool
Portchain – Maritime Technology, Innovation
Jasper has 20+ years of hands on experience on innovation and digitisation for both shipping and the port sectors.
- Led Maersk Maritime Technology’s Innovation & Future Technology projects on Big Data Analytics, Predictive Maintenance, Fuel efficiency and fleet optimisation. Identified USD 100-150 million annual cost saving and strategic implementation roadmap.
- Drove Maersk’s participation to establish joint industry collaboration of USD 7.5 million, 15 innovation projects and 40 strategic suppliers and universities
- Valuated around 50 potential (technology) acquisition targets, resulting in 9 concrete acquisition proposals with typical acquisition price between USD 2 – 15 million.
- Involved in various start-ups in digitisation and process optimisation across maritime technology sectors
- Set up and drove strategic engagement at Executive level for technology roadmap and future terminal and shipping technology
- Redesigned and implemented LEAN innovation process to focus and align innovation activities
- Developed expansion strategy of the Port of Busan (South Korea), based on a benchmark of value-added logistics activities of the ports of Rotterdam, Singapore and Shanghai.
- Initiated a series of ‘Innovation Action Labs’ to workout innovative business ideas in 2 days, leading to concrete, new ideas that were implemented within the existing organisation.