Dr. Stavros Tsolakis
DST Shipping Group
- Vice President of drybulk carrier DST Shipping Group, the largest shipping and logistics group in Northern Greece. Dr. Tsolakis is also Director of Group’s Newbuilding Programme
- Since 2000, Stavros has been lecturing in various universities and companies around the world including Rotterdam School of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Athens University of Economics and Business, University of Nantes, National University of Singapore, Neptune Orient Line, American President Lines, and the Panama Canal Authority. He’s also a Visiting Professor at the Singapore Management University.
- Lectures on Ship Finance, Econometric Modelling and Forecasting of the Shipping Markets, Financial Risk Management in Shipping, Portfolio Investment and Management, Futures and Options, Real Options Theory, Financial Management, Shipping Investment and Finance, Investment and Finance Analysis, and Maritime Economics.
- His research has been presented in conferences worldwide including Athens, Alexandria (Egypt), Rotterdam, Genoa (Italy), Ghent (Belgium), London, Panama, Busan (South Korea), Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and Montreal (Canada). References to his work have been made by the Governments of Australia, Croatia and South Korea in Green Papers regarding their Shipping and Ports Policy.
- Member elect of the Board of Directors of the Mediterranean Committee of China Classification Society, the Union of Shipowners of Northern Greece and the Federation of Industrialists of Northern Greece.